Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hanbok Fashion


I don't know what the deal is... but I've suddenly had the opportunity to shoot all this fashion show stuff. A friend of mine invited me to a Korean Hanbok Fashion show. When I arrived, I discovered there was no seating left and I would have to stand in a very awkward location behind all the camera guys. Well, I called up my friend and she had somehow accidentally met one of the designers, who had then invited her to sit in the front row! The invitation was extended to me... so I met the designer as well... and asked if I could bring a few more friends up front. So in the end, we all got front row seats. It was an amazing hookup. Here are a few pics from the show.

And apparently I sat behind a very famous internationally known fashion designer (who wears the same outfit to every show and paints his head). I took his picture. The funny thing is, I left the show... drove across town... turned down a narrow one way road and who should I see... but the very same designer getting out of his tinted-window van and heading into Baskin Robbins for an ice-cream. Amazing.

And my favorite dress... number 19... what I like to call "the broken buzz lightyear dress".














1 comment:

Unknown said...

I quickly read your description of the internationally known fashion photographer and read "pants on his head" rather than "paints his head." Both are strange. :)